girclute^iajjta €w\hrtMi%. FIFTH SERIES.—VOL. VIII, NO. XXX. APRIL 1891. LLANVEIGAN CHURCH, BRECONSHIRE. BY THE EEV. J. PRICE. This church is situated on the south bank of the river Usk, about five miles below the town of Brecon, on an eminence commanding an extensive view of the Usk Valley. The church is dedicated to Meugan or Meigant Hen, a son of Gwyndaf Hen ap Emyr Llydaw, and Gwenonwy, the daughter of Meurig ap Tewdrig, King of Siluria. He flourished about 650 a.d. The church consists of a nave and chancel in one continuous length, without chancel-arch; and a north aisle divided from the nave by an arcade ; and a massive tower at the west end of the nave. The shell of the church has been restored. The north aisle seemed to be the oldest portion of the church. Its north wall contained a thirteenth century window, and near it another corresponding to the former, except that a fourteenth century head had been added by some manifestly unskilful artist. It also contained a doorway of the same date as the oldest window. High up in the east wall of this aisle was a window of the early part of the fifteenth century. The first two arches of the arcade are supported by hand¬ some pillars ; the last two by plain mason-work pillars. For some purpose or other sand had been conveyed 5th ser., vol. VIII. 6