Skip to main content

FOURTH SERIES.—No. XXXIII. JANUARY 1878. MANORIAL PARTICULARS OF THE COUNTY OF GLAMORGAN. (Continued from Vol. vni, p. 269.) in. Miscin.—The members of Miscin and Glyn Rhondda have much in common, and have often been classed together. They mear side by side, and occupy the mountainous tract between the Taff and the crest of Mynydd Merthyr on the east, and the sources of the Ely and the Ogwr on the west. They include the two heads of the Rhondda, the Cynon and its tributaries, the historic common of Hirwaun Wrgan, and Carn Moy- sin, the highest land in the county. Of the two, Miscin lies to the east, Glyn Rhondda to the west. Miscin is bounded on the east by the Taff, from Rhyd- y-Radyr and Penybont up to the mouth of the Cynon, and thence the limit is the ridge of Mynydd Merthyr, having Senghenydd on the north-east, to the border of Brecknock at Blaen-Nant-Hir; thence along the border, down Nant-Hir to the Cynon ; up that stream to Nant- y-Lladron, where it quits the county boundary, and ascends Bwlch-y-Lladron, and there takes the old ridge- way of Genffordd and Heol Adam along the ridge of Cefn Gwingel to Rhyd-y-Pistil, having Glyn Rhondda for its western limit. It then crosses the Rhondda, and descends its right bank nearly to the Taff; thence it ascends a small brook towards Waun Castellau, still 4fH SEB., VOL. IX. , 1