Skip to main content

^rdjaeotocjia Camfcrensts* No. XII.—OCTOBER, 1848. CROMLECH AT LLANWNDA, PEMBROKESHIRE. The cromlech, of which a view is given above, is placed on a sloping angle of the rock called Carnwnda, at a consider¬ able elevation above the level of the surrounding country, and high above the church of the parish: the latter lying from it at no great horizontal distance. The greatest length of the upper stone, from east to west, is thirteen feet, and from north to south, nine feet seven in¬ ches and a half. The height above the ground of the only supporting stone, which is towards the northern end, is four ARCH^OL. CAMB. VOL. III.] P P