THE ILLUSTKATED WREXHAM ARGUS AND NORTH WALES ATHLETE. Edited by Arthur Wm. Berkeley. No. 316] NOVEMBER, 1910. [2d. NOTES AND NOTIONS. The Hon. W. Ormsby-Gore M.P., has returned to Brogyntyn from Canada. Mr J. F. Edisbury, one of the oldest inhabitants of Wrexham, attained his seventy-third birthday on the 13th ult. Within half-a-dozen miles of Wrexham Church it is estimated there is a population of between 70.000 and 80,000 people. Lord Harlech has bought the greater part of the estate of the late Mr J. R. Pritchard, which adjoined his Lordship's Merionethshire estate. He came to Wrexham in 1902, and went into partnership with Dr. J. LI. Williams, J.P., in Holt-street, and on the death of Dr. Williams took sole charge of the practice. He took great interest in public affairs in the town and district, and in 1904 became a member of the Board of Guardians-and Rural District Council for the parishes of Eyton and Royton, a position he still occupies. He first sought Municipal honours in 1906, when he con¬ tested the East Ward against Councillor Pryce Lewis, the retiring member, and beat him by a majority of 133. On the resignation of Alderman Francis, he was appointed Chairman of the Health Committee, and has occupied this position with marked ability. Dr. S. Edwards-Jones has accepted an invitation to become Mayor of Wrexham during the Coronation year, and the news of his selection has given general satisfaction. Dr. Edwards-Jones is a prominent Conservative worker and Chairman of the Wrexham Conservative Workingmen's Association, chairman of the Wrexham Unionist Thousand, chairman of the East Ward Conservative Association, and at the last General Election was chairman of the Hon. W, Ormsby-Gore's committee. Dr. Edwards-Jones was born at Cilcain, near Mold, in 1871. He received his early education at Oswestry High School, and from there went to the Medical Colleges at Glasgow and Edinburgh. After qualifying, he for sometime hsld a resident appoint¬ ment at the Royal Infirmary, Glasgow. He commenced practice at Bangor Isycoed in 1894, and immediately associated himself with the public life of the village. Obtaining a seat on the Parish Council, he was elected chairman, a position he held for six years. He was also a Manager of the Schools, and identified himself with the political life of the village, being a staunch supporter of the Conservative cause. His other appointments include membership of the Joint Hospital Committee, and the Education Committee. The new Mayoress was a daughter of the late Capt. G. M. Marsh, R. W.F., and the older inhabitants of Wrexham and district will remember her grandfather, who was Rector of Bangor Isycoed. She is the only surviving child. The family have lived in this district a great number of years. She married Dr. Jones in 1895. Unlike her husband, the Mayoress has not identified herself with public affairs, but doubtless she will be present at many social functions during the year. Mrs Maude, Pendyffryn, Overton, attained her 91st birth¬ day, on the 25th ult., and was the recipient of numerous congratulations. This venerable lady, who is the authoress of the well- known hymn, " Thine for ever, God of Love," is the mother of Mrs Chavasse, wife of the Bishop of Liverpool. Lady Palmer has returned to Cefn Park. Lady Williams Wynn has left Llangedwyn Hall for Ardley, Bicester, where she will stay for the hunting season.