As a student of Archaeology and History and, in particular of the History of Brecknock, he was well known throughout Wales. It was through his initiative that the ancient fortified Manor House at Tretower was taken over by the Office of Works and is now so well restored, and that a worthy memorial to Prince Uywelyn-the last native Prince of Wales-is now being erected at Cefn-y-bedd. It was largely due to his vision and advocacy that the idea of a publication, such as the present Brycheiniog, was fostered. Undoubtedly, our present knowledge of the county's history owes much to him, and it is from his enthusiasm and keenness as Hon. Secretary of the Brecknock Society from its inception till his death in 1954 that the interest in the archaeology and history of the county, now so general, has largely sprung. We of the County of Brecknock and particularly members of the Brecknock Society wish to place on record our realization of how much we owe to him. Sir John left a number of books and papers of considerable historical interest. These have kindly been presented by Lady Lloyd to the Brecknock Society, a gift which is greatly appreciated. They are to be kept together in the Brecknock Museum under the heading of "The Col. Sir John Lloyd's Collection".