K. Blockley and P. Courtney discuss material arising from L. Alcock's excavation of Langstone Court motte, Monmouthshire, in Archaeology in Wales, 34, 17-25. P. J. Lennox attempts an analysis of the medieval town of Hay-On-Wye from excavations at Belmont Road, in Brycheiniog, 27, 25-41. J. Manley reports on the continuing excavations at Caergwrle castle, Clwyd, and attempts a reconstruction of its history, in Medieval Archaeology, 38, 83-133. J. M. Lewis traces the structural history of Loughor castle, West Glamorgan, from its foundation as a ringwork in the twelfth century to the building of the extant stone tower in the early fourteenth century; specialist reports deal with the finds, in Archaeologia Cambrensis, 142, 99-181. R. Avent surveys the castles of the Welsh princes, with short descriptions of each, noting distinctive features and any English influence on design, in Chateau Gaillard, 16, 11-20. R. K. Turvey uses the example of Rhys ap Gruffydd to analyse the nomenclature of authority in twelfth-century Wales, casting doubt on the widespread use of the title 'the Lord Rhys' during his reign, in The Carmarthenshire Antiquary, 30, 5-18. J. Harrison relates Gerald of Wales's loss of his library to the scheming Cistercian abbot Cadwgan to the connection of the Annales Cambriae with Strata Florida, ante, 17, no. 2, 252-55. R. F.Walker assesses the nature of the support Richard Marshal enjoyed, and was able to expect, in his rebellion against the king in 1233-34, stressing the lack of support at the top of English society and the importance of Richard's Welsh base and allies, ante, 17, no. 1, 41-65. J. K. Knight presents part II of the finds from excavations at Montgomery castle, discussing the uncovered metalwork, in Archaeologia Cambrensis, 142, 182-242. R. M. Andrews analyses the subject and forms of the poetry of Bleddyn Fardd, in Studia Celtica, 28, 117-52 (in Welsh). A. Q. Berry surveys the post-conquest parks and forests of Dyffryn Clwyd, with the principal intention of establishing how architectural monuments utilised and exploited the natural resources in their area and how they influenced the nature of landscape management and change, in Denbighshire Hist. Soc. Trans., 43, 7-26. R. Elfyn Hughes analyses land, agricultural resources and the population in parts of Penllyn in 1318, finding variations in the agrarian success of different townships, in Journal of the Merioneth Hist. and Record Soc., 12, 1-16. T. M. Charles-Edwards and P. Russell use the Hendregadredd MS. to