THE Agricultural History Review Editor: J. A. Chartres, The University of Leeds The Review, which is published in February and September is the journal of the British Agricultural History Society. The Society was founded in 1953 and now has a worldwide membership approaching 1000. Its members include people from all walks of life as well as libraries and universities in Britain and abroad. The journal publishes articles on all aspects of rural and agricultural history from the earliest times to the present day. Each issue includes five or six major articles and extensive book reviews. Every year there is a list and review of articles on agrarian history as well as a separate list of books and pamphlets on agrarian history. In 1982 the first of a series of commissioned articles on recent developments in American agricultural history appeared. Membership of the society is open to all who are interested in the subject and the subscription is £ 5 due on 1 Februrary each year. Details may be obtained from the Treasurer, E. J. T. Collins, Museum of English Rural Life, The University, Whiteknights, Reading RG6 2AG. Single copies may be purchased from the Treasurer for £ 4. Back numbers to Vol. 20 (1972) are £ 1.50 per issue, except for the Supplement to Vol. 18, Land, Church and People, which is £ 2.